Join Global Family Travels and Hara World for a high-impact and culturally immersive experience.
Do you want to minimize your ecological footprint while travelling?
Are you curious to learn how you can make a positive impact on vulnerable communities through your travels?
In partnership with Hara World, we invite you to Learn, Serve and Immerse on a zero waste adventure through North India with stops in Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, and Bikaner for Holi festival! Here's what to expect:
- Hear the stories of social entrepreneurs and how their ventures impact vulnerable youth and women
- Serve pilgrims in Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
- Hitch a ride with farmers on their camels to sleep under the stars in the Rajasthani desert
- Engage in workshops led by youth leading the green revolution in India onsite at Hara House, India's first zero waste guesthouse
- Celebrate Holi, the festival of colors, in Bikaner, Rajasthan
This culturally immersive trip will change the way you see the future of travel.
TRIP HIGHLIGHTS are below, click on ITINERARY to see all the details.
Global Family Travels
Location : Seattle, Washington, EE. UU.
Much more than a traditional tour operator, Global Family Travels’ mission is to “Learn, Serve and Immerse” through community-based travel programs. In partnership with non-profit organizations and schools, we offer family-friendly and sustainable travel experiences in support of education, gender equality, access to clean water, preservation of local cultures, conservation and economic growth, all of which foster cross-cultural understanding and global citizens.
Our trips include a unique mix of cultural and educational activities, homestays and participation in local service projects aimed at improving the lives of people in the communities we visit.
Expect to expand your family circle when you embark on a Global Family Travels trip! Visit our website for more information: Global Family Travels
About the Hara World
Hara World is an experiential education and impact travel organization that empowers, educates and connects diverse young people through environmental justice programs.
We own and operate Hara House, India's first zero waste guesthouse. The social enterprise uses 20% of profits to invest in community development projects, such as our community hub providing youth access to social and environmental justice education and resources. The house is run by youth and students living in the city of Bikaner.
Location : Delhi, India
Welcome to India, a country steeped in tradition and where spirituality and religion are part of everyday life. Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to our hotel where you can rest after your long journey.
Old Delhi food tour and farmers market
Social impact walking tour in south Delhi meeting with youth and women’s empowerment social enterprises (browse zero waste and social impact products)
Bicycle tour through old Delhi
Engage in service with Sikh pilgrims onsite at Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
Location : Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
Agra is one of India's most famous cities due to its rich Mughal history, its position along Yamuna River, and being home to three UNESCO World Heritage sites including the Taj Mahal.
Here's what you can expect while staying in Agra:
Guided tour of the Taj Mahal
Walking tour through Agra Fort
Lunch at Sheros, a delicious, social enterprise cafe run by inspiring women who have survived acid attacks
Location : Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Jaipur, also known as the Pink City, is a bustling spot known for its textile and handblock printing industry. It's also home to some of the most beautiful forts and palaces in Rajasthan.
Here's what to expect:
- Visit to Ashanari, a social enterprise empowering vulnerable women through sustainable fashion design, to learn about sustainable fashion in India and traditional hand block printing
- Day tour of royal Jaipur including Hawa Mahal, Jal Mahal, and Amer Fort
Location : Bikaner, Rajasthan, India
When you think of India, do you think beautiful architecture, temples, and delicious foods?
Bikaner offers all three (and then some!) as the host city of Junagarh Fort, Rampuria Havelis, and the neighbouring city to Deshnok, home of the famous Karni Mata Temple (with over 20,000 rats!).
Here's what to expect:
- Stay at Hara House, India's first zero waste guesthouse
- Old city and Junagarh Fort walking tour
- Ethical camel safari featuring traditional Kabelia performances, Rajasthani foods, and a peaceful sleep under the stars (or in tents - your choice!)
- North Indian cooking class