Join Global Family Travels with Trip Leader, Rob Rose, the Founder of The Rose International Fund for Children (TRIFC), on a 13‑day adventure to Nepal, where you will learn about Nepal's rich cultural heritage with visits to many of Kathmandu Valley's UNESCO World Heritage sites, enjoy a light trekking experience with spectacular views of the Himalayas, as well as several life-affirming volunteer experiences with children with disabilities.
TRIP HIGHLIGHTS are below, click on ITINERARY to see all the details.
Global Family Travels
Much more than a traditional tour operator, Global Family Travels’ mission is to “Learn, Serve and Immerse” through community-based travel programs. In partnership with non-profit organizations and schools, we offer family-friendly and sustainable travel experiences in support of education, gender equality, access to clean water, preservation of local cultures, conservation and economic growth, all of which foster cross-cultural understanding and global citizens.
Our trips include a unique mix of cultural and educational activities, homestays and participation in local service projects aimed at improving the lives of people in the communities we visit.
Expect to expand your family circle when you embark on a Global Family Travels trip! Visit our website for more information: Global Family Travels
About The Rose International Fund for Children (TRIFC)
The primary mission of The Rose International Fund for Children (TRIFC) is to improve the lives of children in Nepal with disabilities. TRIFC raises funds through donations, grants and hands-on fundraising activities. The organization provides support in the areas of education, medical needs, nutrition and facilities improvements. Learn more here:.
Location : Nepal
During our tour, we will experience many of the sights, sounds, culture, beauty, nature and people of Nepal!
Guided Sightseeing visits include:
- World UNESCO heritage sights, including Swayambhunath Stupa and Boudhanath Stupa, the historic city of Bhaktapur & Pashupatinath Temple.
- Patan Durbar (Palace) Square, Kathmandu Durbar Square.
- Visit beautiful Pokhara and enjoy boating on the lake, and hikes to Shanti Stupa
- Moderate level 2-day trek to Australian Camp with overnight lodge accommodations (No formal climbing experience is necessary but qualifying hike prior to trip is required) This trek is optional.
- With TRIFC’s Deaf Women’s Empowerment Group
- Carnival for children with disabilities
- Blind/Visually-Impaired students at Sanjiwani School
- Shopping opportunities
- Demonstration and shopping at a center where people with disabilities create beautiful craft work
12th Annual TRIFC Fundraising Gala
Location : Bellevue, WA, USA
We will gather as a group at TRIFC Founder, Rob Rose's home (or dial in by Skype), to review important things you will need to know to prepare for this trip, packing tips, etc. Pre-departure packet will be uploaded by August 15 under resources for some of this information.
Address to be emailed to trip participants.